spring!

spring!

Friday 30 September 2011

Today in the mail, I received 2 books books that I ordered  on line.  Both books came with DVD's,  which, of course, I had to watch...I love my books..and especially when they have a DVD.  I am a visual person...show me ..and I learn it...if I read it ,ehhh,  not so much....but show me and I CAN do it....with a DVD, I can see over and over again...as much as I need.(  I think I am dyslectic..I always reverse stuff, get numbers wrong, even when I swear they are right) 
These are definitely a 'show me' book..
Karen McTavish...
.McTavishing...that's a type of quilting...machine or hand quilting....and she is great!  So down to earth..I think that I will have to order a couple more of her books.

I love anything that can help me learn about and  do my hobby and I don't really care about the cost of the books, or stuff that helps with my hobby..(to a point).....ooopps?..was that my BIG voice?..
YES.....
there ......
I said it....
I  wasn't always like this.  I am usually very careful about how I spend ...but lately I realize that time is running short..there is soooo much I want to learn and I might not have time for it all.  And I want to do most of it...not it all but most of it...lol

I've almost finished the book on paper piecing (The Experts Guide to Foundation Piecing)  and found that one of the methods that I learned in a previous workshop was there..I did find this method a very good one, but not great for a one off, which "The Farmer's Wife" is..so I will continue as I was...with tracing paper printed off the computer.  Although, I might adjust how I use my patterns...ie..fold it back so as to not sew through the paper....
I know from experience that some people have problems with copying paper piecing patterns....(we have to remember...no scaling on the printer.(..BIG ..BIG one).)...but they should stick with it because it can be quick and easy, once they get the hang of it. and oh so accurate..maybe this is a book that everyone should peruse .. I know that I did enjoy and learn some things from this book.  I picked up a couple of tips.
I wonder if the guild library has a copy of this book?

1 comment:

  1. I love Karen McTavish -- but you knew that! I'm glad you are enjoying her book as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete