spring!

spring!

Friday 7 October 2011

When I was a kid, my mother would always let me use her Singer sewing machine, I bought a Barbie pattern and used Mom's scraps to make clothing for my Barbie.  I would help my mother by sewing her tailor tacks...we spent some time together at her sewing table. My brothers and sister also used that little machine..  When I got married and had kids, MY kids used my machine...I think my son more than my daughter..the kids knew that they could come into my sewing room (hmmm...I always had one) and talk, or use the machine. 
Then when I had grandkids, I did the same...they could use almost anything in there to sew or craft  (except for the rotary cutters).
Last summer the 2 grand daughters made  quilts; 2 small ones for Courtney and one for Hayley.  I had all the squares precut, so all they had to do was to sew and then quilt it, which they did..I only did the hand sewing of the binding.


They did an excellent job.
Next week I will tell you what they did with those little quilts.

Happy Thanksgiving to those in Canada                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment