spring!

spring!

Thursday 6 October 2011

I fixed the block Century of Progress, I had just reversed the last 2 pieces..easy to correct.
thing 1
BUT, when I went back to my machine to fix it, I noticed one light was out.  I tried to remove the cover and ...oppps...broke it....so off I went to my local sewing machine retailer to have it serviced.  Might as well get it cleaned while I have the bulb replaced.  Well...they can't get parts for it anymore...the machine is 25 years old, maybe even more.
SOOO, I bought a new one.  I have a reputation with my friends on purchasing machines...I have a few!!  I gave my daughter a Husqvarna about 10 years ago...she kept it in her basement and her basement leaks...I said...Give it back ..I will store it for you...that's one..I have a Mega Quilter on a small frame...that's 2..the Husqvarna I just took in for service..that's #3..an embroidery machine I inherited ..that's 4..and another machine from Sears makes 5... that is not counting the serger and felter.....
This can be an expensive a hobby as you wish.
We don't really NEED all the modcons (modern convinences), but they sure are nice to have.
thing 2
It was nice to have more than one machine in the summer when my grand daughters were here and sewing.
In these pics they are making themselves each a pair of shorts.
Last summer they did some quilting ...and in my next blog I will talk about that.

1 comment:

  1. Thing 1 & 2 are adorable!!!! Those are great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete