spring!

spring!

Friday 21 October 2011

I really hope that we don't have rain this weekend, but it sounds like it might. It's raining already...cold and dreary.   We really need to take down the sun canopy and work in the gardens removing the dead plants.  Last weekend was windy and raining, not good for taking down the canopy.  But good for taking in a quilt show. 

Recycled Stained Glass by Judy Makinson

This little wall hanging is made with recycled candy wrappers.


  I have some summer bulbs that are still in bloom and I still have tomatoes growing....lots of cherry tomatoes.  I like those, they are so sweet.
There is nothing like the taste of a freshly picked tomato..  I will be sad to have to buy hothouse or imported tomatoes again this winter. 
The cat nip is huge..I will cut it down and dry it in the garage.  MissT likes the fresh new shoots ...and it's time to plant her some cat grass. She doesn't like to go out in the cold...just lies there all day in the sun in the front window  on her catshelf....ahhh ...the life of a cat!... eat and sleep..well, in the summer she loves to be out, sleeping in the sun,  she catches things too.  Many a time she has brought me a gift of a mouse or bird, a couple of dragon flies.  If I see her after a bird, I will try to stop her..but mice...she plays with those until they won't play any more....
One afternoon she lay in the garden hidden under the bird feeder, she almost caught a young male cardinal...he got away, but she had a mouth full of tail feathers!

Jay's Nest by Judy Makinson

this was raw edge pieced...very beautiful in person.

Tomorrow is hubby's 65 birthday...Happy Birthday SWEETIE!
I guess we will have to do something special for his birthday....no..he is not retiring...YET! one more year he says! 

1 comment:

  1. The blue jay was best in show IMHO. It was spectacular. Our tomatoes are nearly done, no more in my house until the hothouse ones appear in February. Its going to be a long winter without them.
    Happy Birthday to the other half tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete