spring!

spring!

Monday 31 October 2011

Hallowe'en

Spooky stuff, Hallowe'en..the neighbourhood kids will be out in full force tonight, looking for treats.  I like to buy the ones that I like..little chocolate bars...BUT! ..I have to hide them from ME!..put them in a cupboard where I don't see them..out of sight ..out of mind!
I always wondered...why does four ounces of chocolate mean a 2 lb weight gain???
Makes no sense to me.
I decorate for hallowe'en with my sewing dummy, Peg..years ago I made her with duct tape..well, I made 2..didn't believe I had all this extra me right there..lol,  so hubby and I did another.
Have you ever tried making a sewing double?  Lotsa fun, you put on an  oversize T-shirt, then get covered in duct tape...but in such a way that you don't mash down all your curves or add more that aren't there. It's hot and uncomfortable, and if hubby is helping, sometimes annoying ...lol..and you have to be cut out of it!  I never , ever,  used it for fitting garments..only at hallowe'en to build a witch.
I call my dummy Peg as in peg leg..she only has one leg and she stands in an sun umbrella stand.  I put a costume on her that I made many years ago (read..doesn't fit me) and have her stirring a boiling pot (plant stand and stuffing)filled with eye balls and fingers..I use the little battery tea lights for effect.  I have an aquarium stand that I cover in red tissue and fake dripping blood.
I have scared some little ones, but after I show off her undersides, they realize that she isn't too scary....but they walk down the driveway, glancing back over their shoulders...just to make sure she is not following..
It takes me hours to set it all up and then by 9 pm she is all put away for another year.
So I will take pictures and post them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment