spring!

spring!

Monday 5 September 2011

Here it is September 5th already..August has been a beautiful month, not hot not too cool,  nice for sleeping...then hot as Hades for the long week end!
 Today I have to decide what paper I will use for my paper piecing.  I have a few choices..but whatever I chose , must go through the printer.  There are one hundred and eleven blocks, that will be a lot of paper.
    Water soluable paper by Solvy, I have a few packages of it already, it is sized for the printer and I can easily get it at my local store or order on-line, but with a 6 inch block I will be wasting quite a bit and it's a bit pricey. It's easy to remove and any tags will melt in the first wash.
    Rinseaway..I have some of that too, but it is off sized and I would have to cut it up to go through the printer and it's harder to find.
   Regular paper...have lots of that..it can be cheap..but it is heavy..hard to see through for placement, can be hard to remove, and leaves "paper tags"and the tags will form lumps if not removed
   Tissue...too light for the printer..easily torn for removal..and hard to go through the printer.
  Tracing paper..I have lots of that.more than enough to do the quilt..it's cheap, I can get it at the Dollar Store..I can put it through the printer, but it needs to be trimmed first.  It tears out easily..can leave tags..

No comments:

Post a Comment