spring!

spring!

Wednesday 7 September 2011

I've had a few bumps in printing.  Tracing paper is a bit thin for the printer.   It will grab the paper and wrinkle it, so I find I need to hand feed each sheet.  If I leave the stack of regular paper in the printer to support the tracing paper and hand feed the tracing paper, I can get a wrinkle free print-out.
I plan to do the blocks in numerical order, printing out a few at a time.  Well, print them out numerically...maybe not sew them immediately.

part of my stash

some more
 I am going to try NOT to BUY anything for this quilt.  I have many pads of tracing paper..lots of thread, and lots and lots of fabric..




I have fabric in shoe cubbies..(above) , in plastic drawers in the hall, on the shelf above the cubbies, behind the door on a towel rack....stashed in a closet...
So, I shouldn't need to buy any.
I don't plan on using reproduction prints either.  Just what I have...and some I've had for...hmmm maybe 25 years  ....some fat quarters I have had for 30 years!!  Doesn't seem that long, but as I sit here and think about it..yes some FQ's are that old..  TIME TO USE 'EM UP!
I would definitely say that I was a fabraholic and threadaholic..

I don't even need to buy a batt
for this quilt..How did I start to accumulate so much?   Preparing for my retirement spurred on some purchases.  Others..I just like the fabric and bought it on speculation or sale.
Tomorrow....the blocks!
some of my thread
 Happy Birthday to my daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment