spring!

spring!

Tuesday 6 September 2011

I have decided

 School is back in session today and I have my days to myself again..Well next week I will...hubby has decided to take a week of holidays.  The long weekend was hot and muggy, yet the Monday was cool.  
I can clean the house....lol....or I can sew...guess what I am planning on doing....and it is not cleaning!   
"I've decided to try the tracing paper.  I have trimmed one pad down to 8.5 x 11 with my paper cutter or guillotine.  If I have problems with the tracing paper I will try the Sovly.
So, off I go to EQ6 to print out my first block.
Do I want to print out several at a time?  Yeah, I think so.
I need to make sure my printer is set for "no scaling"... lighten the ink.  Tracing paper has a slick and mat side ...I have to ensure that I print on the mat side, otherwise the ink can smear. 
I do like to use freezerpaper, but I can't see through it and I really like the lightness of tracing paper. I haven't used tracing paper except for a few blocks.
I will probabley switch back and forth between the papers and other methods.  I will let you know if I change paper.
Shall I do the blocks in order or should I jump around?
Should I do all the easy ones first or take'em as they come?
There is a page in the book that shows the placement of all the blocks.  I scanned and printed it and I will X out the blocks as I do them..one way to visually track how much I have done.   I hope that will keep me inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment