spring!

spring!

Thursday 22 September 2011

Broken sugar bowl was a dilly...I took days with that one.  I just couldn't get at my sewing room, and I don't know why...I certainly didn't get any housework done.
 I did do laundry and and towels...all the towels for the pool.
 We closed the pool.  I really hate having the pool closed.  It means that summer is definitely over.  I watch that pool cover all season long, watching the birds play, drink and bath in the puddles on top of either the solar blanket or the winter cover.  Once the ice forms on the winter cover, the birds desert the yard... and only come back for the feeder. for which  they have competition .



I was really close ...maybe a foot away


I was able to get within a couple of feet of this baby possum.  This little opossum visited the bird feeder for a few nights.  Climbed up the pole and helped himself.  One night it was baby raccoons climbing the pole and the screen on the door....the raccoons are around for my neighbours cherry trees.  They get drunk on some of the fermented berries.  The neighbour has trapped 2 possums and 5 raccoons so far this month....yes!!!this month!


this is a small feeder ..6 x8 "
  









broken sugar bowl completed
 I finally got back to my sewing room and finished Broken sugar bowl..don't know why it took so long. Here is a pic of the finished block.  It looks pretty good and I really didn't have any issues with it.

1 comment:

  1. I looked out the front window the other night to see our neighbourhood skunk sauntering past. I haven't seen the racoons or the possums in our neck of the woods, but other people have. I think they left due to lots of housing re-construction.
    Love your block by the way.

    ReplyDelete