spring!

spring!

Friday 23 September 2011

Buckwheat

Buckwheat..lots of half square triangles and a few squares..nothing can go wrong...go wrong...go wrong..
I certainly wanted to do this one paper pieced..so I picked out my fabrics...and started sewing..
Before I started sewing I wrote light (L) medium(M) and dark (D) and the back or sewing side of the pattern so that I wouldn't screw up the colours.  Hehe...I still screwed it up.  not much..just on little tiny square.  I couldn't figure out which one.  I had to come back to the computer, open up EQ6 and check out the block...still couldn't spot the mistake.  I had to go to the pattern preview and check each square against my block and move it away until  I had checked each one.  I finally found it and only had to redo 2 pieces.  I found it was a challenge to figure out how it went together.  I had to return to the program again to see it...I just couldn't visualize it.



buckwheat

Looks great now. 
These were all fabrics I had cut previously into 2 1/2 inches  The colours went great ogether.                                                                                                         
                                        
    Now I have to get busy and print out more patterns.  I have used all that I had and it was nice to have a few ahead so that if I had trouble with the printer  I am not screwed....next comes an easy block .                                                                                                                                                                                        



1 comment: