spring!

spring!

Tuesday 13 September 2011


Autumn is coming...schools are back in session and Quilt Guilds are back to their meeting schedules...Block of the month seems very interesting this year.  Maybe I will participate.

Hallowe'en decorations are  out in the stores and with them BATS!  I don't like bats, even if they do eat mosquitos and other bugs...
bat wing
 Bat wing is block #5.  I didn't want to use the black and grey as in the book.  Paper pieced of course.  


I started using some of my other notions.
My little iron and iron stand and my cutting and pressing "book".  It folds up like one..is the size of one..just perfect for on the desk next to my sewing machine.  Perfect for taking to workshops. I accidentally pulled the little temperature knob off the iron the first time I used it.  hmmm.I was able to put it back on.  I now have 3 little irons.  I bought a bigger one before I realized I could fix the first one, then inherited my mother's irons.



Block #6 Big Dipper
Don't know why this one is called big dipper...I see a pinwheel.
 This is one  that I pieced also.  I measured the pattern to see what size of square I needed, then
  I took my squares of fabric, layered them,
marked with another ruler called Quick Quarter .
quick quarter ruler

big dipper
   Sewed on the outer lines and cut down the center.  Pressed them open, layered them again, marked, cut and pressed and my block was almost done.  This block worked up quite quickly...but I still hadn't realized that I could get cutting direction from EQ6...



No comments:

Post a Comment