spring!

spring!

Monday 12 September 2011



my finished block
 
Block #3 is a basket.  Again I stuck with the colours in the book.  Paper pieced with tracing paper. I made an inch wide tube for the handle  and machine appliqued it down.

I really HAVE to remember to trim!..lol


 bias bar 
  I used my Bias Bar to help press the tube.  To hold it in place while I stitched, I used ELMER's School Glue.  I added a fine flow tip so that I didn't saturate the fabric with glue. It washes out, but I used just a little so the fabric is not stiff.  I marked a placement line with a wash out marker., placed my tube, gave it a quick press to help dry the glue.   Set my machine to a zigzag stitch set at 1.0 long and 1.0 wide, matched the colour thread with the fabric and sewed it in place











block #4
 Block #4 was also paper pieced.  I could have been easily sewn with strips.  This is one of the easiest blocks to make.  A whole quilt of this block is quite striking.  Our Guild used this pattern often for cuddle quilts because it works up fast and easy.  Basket weave or rail fence.


Happy 8th Birthday to my beautiful grand daughter...
for a surprise ..her parents and her grandparents (us)
bought her a loft bed..it included a bed, stairs (drawers) a cupboard and a desk.  We kept her busy for the day while mommy and daddy cleaned out and assembled her new room..she was so surprised that she was speechless!  Talk about a very happy little girl.  Apparently she couldn't sleep, she was so excited..

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is gorgeous!

    Visiting from Sew Mama Sew - Find a Friend Friday

    ReplyDelete