spring!

spring!

Thursday 29 September 2011

I can get really tired if I sew or sit at a table for too long.  I am very short, so I use a stool...often...and I have many. 
 I keep my sewing machine in a desk.  I can't really work with it on a table.  I am constantly straining to reach the machine or the pedal. 
So, I modify things to suit my needs.
raised pedal


where it should sit
 
I use an adjustable office chair (no arms) and have my pedal raised so that I don't have to stretch.
I cut my desk so that I could move my machine to the right.


 
 This is where my machine "SHOULD" sit..

I had my husband cut out part of the top of my desk so that it could be moved over..I gained 1 3/4 inches.


1 3/4 inches cut out










 I moved the machine to the right so that I can sit "centre of the needle"

new position in table
Yes, I have moved the machine that far.  I do my little prayer before I start to sew.
I close my eyes ...put my hands in the prayer position...right at my nose.....then lower my hands with my eyes closed..open up and see where my hands are..right in front of the needle??  Great...time to sew..if not ..I adjust my position until I am ...it front of the needle.   Now, my back doesn't cramp up from leaning over to the left.  I had to take some clear plastic and cover the hole in my plastic "adapter".  I really don't know what to call that 'surround".  I have more room to the left of the needle and more room for my thighs under the desk.
I am more comfortable and I can sew longer.  I still get up and bop
to the music when I start to get stiff..or need to press, or just too good of a song

No comments:

Post a Comment