spring!

spring!

Thursday 8 September 2011

Hard to imagine that Autumn is just 2 weeks away.  I will be sad to see the leaves turn and fall.
A few years ago I travelled to New England in October to visit my sister.  We went out shopping...we were "leaf peepers"....that is what they call the tourists that visit for the fall colour... we also hit quite a few quilt stores in our travels.  One fabulous place that we visited twice was Quilted Threads on Main St. Henniker NH..but first we visited a local restaurant and had some really fabulous clam chowder.  Then we toured the store, bought some fabric and viewed their quilt show.  What a fabulous day we had!

Many of the colours in this quilt are fall colours.

block 1
 I've printed out the first block and made it up.  I was able to pull fabrics from my stash to follow the same colours as in the book.
Tracing paper worked well.   If I use freezer paper I could iron the pieces down and they would stick..I might try freezer paper for some of the blocks. 



Block Two..didn't need paper piecing..
I think that I will be using all sorts of methods on these
blocks and many notions that I have.
As I said before, I am using EQ6 for my patterns..there are so many things I have forgotten about it.....like ...it would give me cutting directions for a pieced block like this one.  Did I use the feature...NO...I measured the paper pieced pattern to find out the sizes, then cut and sewed them...lol
I certainly don't know what I am doing....

Tomorrow I will show a notion that I used and find very helpful

No comments:

Post a Comment