spring!

spring!

Thursday 15 September 2011

It's has been cold since the long weekend...dark and rainy....low 60's and one day in the 50's...brrrr...I've started taking out warmer clothes and putting away summer clothes. Then is got really hot again and now it is cool.  No matter what the weather  it is always a.... Good time to sew.
I had a major bump with the printer.  I was printing off a pattern that was two pages, the first printed fine, the second crinkled up.   I went back and moved the pieces around so that I only printed out the second page and.....the paper wrapped it's self around the spindle in the printer....not just a little, but really tight  and completely..I couldn't grab it anywhere..    I tried tweezers... turning it off and on, the sensor didn't pick up there was a jam.  I ended up cutting the paper off with a craft knife, grabbing the ends with tweezers and turning it off and on until I had all the paper pulled out..Then I had to do some maintenance  to make sure I hadn't screwed up anything...I was finally able to print out the second page.
The next block I did was  #  Bouquet.  A pretty easy block when paper pieced.  I need to use larger pieces of fabric so that my seam allowances are covered.   That finicky "Y" seam is not a problem when paper pieced.

I have finally finished my granddaughters quilt ..It's called Floating star .  I made two of them at a time,  one for each granddaughter.  I still have to quilt the second one..  BUT...it's all set to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment