spring!

spring!

Monday 17 September 2012

The mister and I had a day excursion with a couple of friends today. 
Our friends R and J picked us up around 9:45a and off we went to a (locally) famous farmer's market.
I'd been to St Jacob's Market before so I knew what we were in for.
I had a few things I wanted to get and then there were a few things I got that I didn't know I needed.
I picked up some tarp clamps....when I saw them, I knew we could use them on the winter cover for the pool.  The guy went straight into his sales pitch...wasn't to be deterred from it.  I finally had to say...okay...I sold already!
I purchased some lavender sachets...hopefully I can use some to help me sleep...put one in my dresser drawer.
I really do love the smell of lavendar!
I used to pick some up at the CNE but we haven't been in years.  Then I grew some, but the plant didn't survive for very long, only a couple of years.  I didn't really harvest much.
I think I will take the sachets apart and put some stuffing in the sachet with less lavendar, then I can have more sachets.
Jackie and I both saw some dresses that we liked..bias cut and tie dyed rayon..so nice and cool for a late summer afternoon on vacation or around the pool.
We saw lots of clothes, but neither bought anything else.
Both couples wanted some leeks.  We got some beautiful ones.  I am going to make leek and potato soup.  Jackie and I are very alike and so are our misters...
I picked up some beets.  The daughter said that if I bought her some, she would make pickled beets.  I LOOOOVE pickled beets.  I love not having to make them! lol!
I bought some green and yellow beens....so nice and fresh!..nicer than I've seen in the stores!
And some little potatoes.  I wanted some squash, but the mister didn't want to carry it.
We left not long after, Ron was anxious for lunch.
Off we went to a resturant called CrossRoads and had a buffet lunch.  And, of course I ate too much..but it was lovely and so tasty.  Bonus was.... I didn't get a rash...so all the food and baking was freshly made! no preservatives!


No comments:

Post a Comment