spring!

spring!

Wednesday 19 September 2012

I finally finished the blouse I was making.  It looked really nice on the pattern envelope, and on the model..I didn't realise how very low cut it was.  I will have to fix that. I don't like my bra to show....I don't care what the style is!
The instructions had me putting a bias binding on the armholes with the seam under the arm....ouch...I  moved that to the shoulder seam.  Nothing like having a lump under your arms to chafe.
I was glad to get this finished and start wearing it while we have nice weather yet.  Oops, too late ...rain called for all week long...

We have been eating some of the beans and potatoes I bought at the market.  Oh my gosh are they ever gooood.  Fresh veg like this make me want to take out the flower garden and plant veggies.  I usually only plant 2 or 3 tomato plants and one pepper plant. 
I farted around with my serger for a few hours today...the tension is off.  I made sure it was clean and threaded properly.  I always vacuum it out after each use.
My sister brought granddaughter Courtney another sewing machine today, she brought her a celery featherweight  last week, but it was so musty smelling that we wouldn't let her near it.  This little girl always has things go right to her chest.  And she already has picked up something at school, she's coughing like crazy now.
So, my sister brought her another one.  An older White.  A heavy mechanical machine.  One you can't adjust width or length on...  I cleaned and oiled it, wiped the case down and ran through all the stitches.  I could hear a noise...only on the widest swing to the left..
oh oh...what was that?   I thought maybe timing....I opened up and watched the bobbin area and I could see the needle hitting it and sliding past.  I thought ...timing..then I thought...hmmm...needle.  It wasn't in properly.  I fixed that and the machine almost purrs...I think Courtney will like this one.  Tomorrow after school I will have her practise threading it...winding bobbins and changing the needle.  Maybe I should let her hear how it sounds when the needle isn't in right.
I gave her some oil, needles, pins, thread and extra bobbins.  And some thread snips and a small ruler.

No comments:

Post a Comment