spring!

spring!

Monday 10 September 2012


double sided quilt
 Guild tonight!
 

We had a really good turn out for guild tonight....I was overwhelmed with all the books coming back to the library...we have thousands of books in our library.  It's a great resource for the group, and members could take out 5 books each this summer.
Yellie, our head librarian buys numerous books every year, she travels to the states and picks up lots of books for the guild.  You want a book, she will get it!  What a great lady!
Working in the library myself, I see all the books that come back in and can get dibs on them....I have never used the library so much as I have these last 2 years.
I had 10 books over summer.  2 books again tonight.
I actually won a door prize! A pack of sewing needles!
Our program tonight consisted of demos...one I was very interested in was Jayne's.

a canada quilt

She showed things that she was making for Alzheimer's patients...baby things, like a tag blanket. A 12 inch square of minky with tags sewn into all the edges.  It apparently soothes these patients ..she also had a large quilt that she made with all sorts of different fabrics, appliques, textures, fringes, stuffed animals unstuffed and sewn into a square.  Busy aprons...aprons with zippers and laces different textures to keep their hands busy.
I could see these things would be great for Alzheimer's patients, just judging from what my father was like.  Again, silly me...I didn't take pics of Jayne's quilt...never even thought of it. 

But I did get some pics of show and tell.  I kept having to ask Karen to turn our way..they always forget our side of the room.
When I first arrived I choose a table close to the stage so that I could take pics; by the time I got back to my seat, the area was crowed and very hot.  I told the ladies, sorry, I was moving...it was just too hot there for me.  It wasn't as good for pics....next month...I am sitting on the other side of the room!


  I wandered around the room checking out the other ladies giving demos and decided to sign up for the ATC (artist trading cards) exchange.  I will have to make 7 cards, maybe 8, and I will share those as I do them.  I haven't decided if I will to do them all the same or each one different.  I have until June to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment