spring!

spring!

Friday 21 September 2012

You might have missed some blog...gremlins caused this blog to be posted out of order and if you didn't scroll down...you missed Thursdays.
I really don't know...these gremlins are really screwing me up....I am getting so I don't want to write a blog in advance for fear that it will be posted out of order, which happened this week.  Everything was post-dated...or scheduled but came up out of order...yet the blog between came up at the right time...very strange...
I quite often will write a blog with a good idea of what I want to say, but will go back, spell check, add photos or other info...change things around..even change the date the blog comes up to add in another blog.   So when I talk about yesterday, it could have been last week.


TGIF....looks like we are in for some cooler weather.
Whenever it gets cooler I feel like cooking.  I want to make soup, I want to make homemade brown beans...start making bread again...I try to hold myself back on that...I love it too much and would eat it all.
The other day when I made leek and potato soup, I went out to get some bread dough.  I never got any...I picked up a two- pac of bread that you bake for about 8 minutes.  Even though I would have preferred to have a loaf that I completely bake, this was fine ....cause we ate the whole thing ...hot...with butter and the soup..
I also want to start cooking pork roasts with sauerkraut...crispy potatoes and squash, carrots.  Hmmm...all comfort foods.
I feel like baking...but I hold myself back...don't need the calories...
I used to make peanutbutter cookies a couple of times a week when I was a kid..I loooove peanutbutter cookies....we 5 kids would eat them all in a day..they were my favourite, but once I got married the mister isn't big on baked goods...except for blueberry pie and sugar pie.  My son is deathly allergic to peanut ...so..no more cookies or even peanuts in the house.  He's a grown man now.... so I have a jar of peanutbutter in the cupboard.  Courtney loves her PB&J, but we have to be very careful not to contaminate the house or Kevin cannot come home for a visit.
So back to nesting, cocooning..whatever they call it nowadays...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment