spring!

spring!

Friday 28 September 2012

I got a gift yesterday from my daughter


                                           

                                                     What could it be?
 
A HAM BONE!
with lots and lots of meat still on it! 
 
To the soup pot, Batman!

So I cleaned off most of the meat, sauteed some onions, diced up some celery, carrots,
 
and a green pepper from my garden.
 
Everybody in the pool!
I'll simmer this until the rest of the meat falls off the bone, then I'll add potato and some split green peas......
Pea soup...yummy on a cool day or any day for that matter.  Now I need some bread...fresh made would be nice, but I tried last week to find dough I can bake myself.
Maybe I'll just get some fresh baked from a bakery.
Daughter dear wants a container of the finished soup.......that's okay...there is lots.
Everytime she buys a ham and she likes to buy these hams, she brings me the bone to make soup and share it with her.      
The soup is delicious!                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment