spring!

spring!

Monday 24 September 2012

I had to bake for guild the other day.  As I said before, I don't bake very often.  I usually buy something, get a rash from the additives, then swear I won't eat that crap again......except for Walmart's white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.  lol
So I really didn't know what I wanted to make for guild....or buy....  I have been cruising pinterest and found a recipe for lemon squares...Easy lemon squares...hmmmm...so I thought I would give the recipe a try. 
You use a angel food cake mix and a can of lemon pie filling.  Mix the two together and bake.  That's it!
I didn't have a can of lemon pie filling, but I have a a Sheriff pie filling mix and an angel food cake mix.  I searched and searched on-line, and didn't find any recipes or anyone else who used a package of pie filling.
I decided to give it a try....
First I cooked the pie filling, it took 2 egg yolks plus 2 1/3 cups of water.  I decided that I would whip the egg white and use them too.  When I cooked the filling I thought I would reduce the water to 2 cups and added a big squirt of Italian lemon juice. ( I like lemon).   I let it cool, then added it to the whipped whites, then added the cake mix.  Mixed it throughly and it started to puff up right away.  Poured it into a foil lined 9" x 13" pan,baked it according to the package directions.  It looked nice, smelled great!  I sprinkled powdered sugar over it.  And we had a taste.  
 YUMMY!  It's too moist for the powered sugar.  It just melted and you never knew it was there..Next time, I'll leave it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment