spring!

spring!

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Someone told me they would be over if I talked about family dinner night.
It was tonight....come on over...but it's all gone..
We didn't have pasta...we (me, since I do the cooking...you cook, you decide)...wanted corn (again). The corn harvest may be affected by the drought, but it sure does taste great!  Other people who will remain nameless wanted burgers...there was some chicken in the fridge that must be cooked.  So we had a real summer BBQ
...corn, chicken and burgers...
Thing Two worked on a "day of the dead" skull...turned out real nice...Thing One vegged in front of the TV.

Thing one hasn't worked on her skull yet...I wonder if she will?
We had some left over corn on the cob...I removed the corn and made it into a salad along with green and red pepper, sweet onion, cherry tomatoes and italian dressing.  It was really, really good.  Went great with the leftover BBQ'd chicken.          

1 comment:

  1. Would you believe we haven't had one cob of corn yet? We are off on Friday to the Kitchener area to find some.......that and some batiks from Creative Sisters.

    ReplyDelete