spring!

spring!

Monday 13 August 2012

It's Sunday and the week looms ahead.  I have no idea what to blog about today, or the week ahead.
We've had 4 days of dark, dreary weather with lots of rain. We really needed the rain.  The grass is greening up nicely  but the garden still looks like it's September.
We still haven't harvested any tomatoes yet.  There are lots on the plant, but all still green.  I will probabley be overwhelmed with tomatoes when they do ripen.  How I loved a toasted tomato sandwich when the tomato is still hot from the sun!
I had one green pepper almost ready, then it rotted on the vine....darn!
I like the taste of homegrown veg, much better than store bought.
My sister has chickens....yum...fresh eggs.   I remember when we were kids (sis a baby)...we had chickens...Mom sold eggs.  The taste of those fresh eggs.....yummo!  I sometimes  wish we could have chickens here.

No comments:

Post a Comment