spring!

spring!

Thursday 2 August 2012

oh crap...I have something...sore throat...really runny nose...feel like crap...and the girls are here.

I brought out some of the crafts I bought for the girls to work on and they seemed really excited.  I had purchased a large canvass for each of them plus a "mod" wall decoration I though we would podge to the canvass then paint. 
They didn't want to do that.
They want to paint a scene on their canvass and just decorate the mod wall art.

Courtney's
 Sooooo..The wall art is slick plastic and I really don't think the paint will stick to it..I thought that if we covered it with podge it would be fine...but they don't want to do that...I had purchased  some alcohol inks and they work on glossy surfaces.  I brought those out...gave the girls each an apron and some plastic gloves....and they "painted" the wallart with the inks.  I had one applicator and made 3 more for them to use.  Eventually I had to have Courtney take off her gloves because they were far too big and she was wasting ink and making a mess.  I ended up with messy hands just cleaning up her mess...lol..
The wallart is quite pretty in person; the picture doesn't do it justice. 
Each girl did something different.  They put gold and silver ink on them along with the various colours.
I am having them take home their completed projects so that they can find some where for them..lol





Hayley's













We cleaned off the applicators with alcohol onto photo paper...these turned out fantastic.  Both girls did a great job on their craft...although Thing One did get a headache from the alcohol.  I think they had more fun decorating the paper than any thing else.


pretty paper made from inks
We can use some of this pretty paper to make a birthday card for mommy!
stamping off the excess ink


No comments:

Post a Comment