spring!

spring!

Thursday 30 August 2012

One of the groups I belong to is a quilting group...long arm quilting. Another one is for the smaller frames also.   I've had a Super Quilter frame (original tabletop) for 8 years or so and a Husqvarna MegaQuilter. 
 At first I used my regular sewing  machine on the frame.  I found I couldn't quilt a large enough space, so I got the MegaQuilter.
 I really enjoy using this frame and machine, I can quilt a quilt quite fast.  Sometimes it takes longer to load the quilt than to quilt it...lol...I was blown away a few years ago when I saw the new frame that my local sewing store SewingMachinesEtc.. 
Some of the frames now use a spline instead of a leader..saves so much time...saves so much work......But I don't produce enough to warrant getting a new frame.....
Anyway, because I have the frame I didn't really progress with free-motion quilting on my domestic machine.
So, I have been making smaller projects that can be done on my machine, well, except for the famer's wife sampler quilt.
I am blown away also by the quality of quilting on a machine nowadays.  Some ladies are so talented in their quilting...I never cease to be amazed!
I am looking forward to getting back into the sewing room and getting moving on my quilting and piecing.
And maybe even looking forward to the change of seasons......well...some cooler weather anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment