spring!

spring!

Friday 10 August 2012

  Hmmm...
gremlins again today...this should have posted at 1:00 am  last night.  But here it is now!
I came into the family room the other day, mug of tea in hand , and I looked out the patio door.  I almost dropped my mug.  lol...
You know how a really small puppy plays in the grass...jumping over the grass ..falling over..wiggling,(giggling) then getting up and jumping again and again..well, out the in the (not long) grass was a tiny little chipmunk...cavorting in the grass! Sooo cute!
   I could remember  the delighted squeals of laughter of my own babies when they first touched grass  lol...quite the entertaining sight.
   The cat, MissT has been staying in...far too hot for her to be out.  She has been shedding like crazy, STILL!  So she lays at the patio door watching whatever comes to the bird feeder...squirrels, doves, finches, wrens and  chipmunks.
 I actually think there might be chipmunks living under the back porch.
It's been so hot here..
  I will have the patio door open for a little while in the morning until it starts to get too warm in the family room, then I close it up again.
Yesterday we sat out on the back patio in the rain.  Enjoying the sound of the rain and coolness it brought. We have been doing that a lot!
 One evening a storm blew up suddenly (it had threatened all day long) just as we sat for dinner...well it rained, then poured, then teemed and thundered...we were stuck..we couldn't leave ...our dinner would have been ruined....so we sat and ate and by the time we finished we were wet...even under the canopy.  We listened to the peals of thunder that went on and on.
Every evening we are cooking and eating outside ...the other day we even cooked the pasta on the BBQ...as long as the flies and mosquitos don't bug us (me).  Surprisingly, they haven't been too bad.  Now that I've said that, they will get bad! lol
We'll sit out and have our tea and coffee and watch the dragon flies swoop around catching bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment