spring!

spring!

Wednesday 1 August 2012

August already!  It seems so much later because we have had hot weather for so long now..very unusual for us.  At least last week we had lots of rain.  Lawns around here were brown and crunchy....lol...I read in the paper about a man who has a side business (he is a teacher) spraying lawns with green dye..costs about $200...lasts for months..
My garden looks like it's September.  All my black eyed susan are out.   The purple cone flower  is out..both are daisies and both have been in blossom for quite a while and are almost finished.  My hostas aren't in bloom yet, but I dug them all up this spring and split them.  I made a whole lotta people on Freecycle very happy.  I must have given away a thousand dollars worth of plants!
I had some miniature red roses by the back door that shot up, were covered in blooms most of the month.  I had to cut it back hard, the stems were spindly and didn't support the blooms.  It's coming back nicely and has been blooming again.
The weeds have been bad for me this summer.  I sit on the lawn and pull them up, but they seem to be never ending.
I have a lot of bind weed.... and I pull it and pull it..some of the plants are pretty big,  my fingers get sore from pulling it out by the roots.  And of course,  all that ground-in dirt is impossible to wash away, I hate to sew in case I get my project grimy.  Maybe next summer, the mister will pull all the weeds for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment