spring!

spring!

Tuesday 8 November 2011

This past weekend we had the GrandDaughters stay overnight while Mom & Dad went to a show in Orillia.
I warned Thing One and Thing Two NOT to do anything that I could/would blog about.  Thing Two giggled all afternoon......enjoyed acting silly, and worked on a Christmas craft I bought for a PD day.
Poppa and Thing One worked on some number puzzles in the newspaper, she also had fun going through a Learn to Draw book, drawing some of the pictures, learning some new techniques.
For dinner, Poppa took us all for Chinese food at the Red Maple.  Then we went over to Walmart and killed a hour or so there.  After that the girls went back to drawing and some homework.  No one went to bed early, but Thing Two got up really early the next day,the rest of us sleep in just a little. When Poppa and I got up we had french toast with apples and maple syrup.
I worked on the Farmers Wife Sampler and got a couple of blocks done.  Farmer's daughter turned out really nice.   I really like that block. 

farmer's daughter
The next block was Farmer`s puzzle
farmer`s puzzle
.  Sort of reminds me of a ribbon bow.
Since I am writing this in the afternoon, I still hope to get into my sewing room tonight and maybe get some more blocks done.  I haven`t really been sewing this week.  I FINALLY got my quilt kit with my new sewing machine and I had to finangle the new acrylic quilt table.  My machine sits in a desk, not on..the table is meant for on the desk.  I had to raise the machine a little , not use the legs (or feet).  The feet just snap onto a small knob on the underside.  I need to substitute 4 large suction cups  instead of the feet so that it doesn`t slide.  Hmmm..I bought some suction cups with the idea of replacing the existing feet on the table.  I couldn't loosen the screw and nut....so..I tried placing the suction cups in the foot knob ..it fit!  But it raises the table, then I would have to raise the machine..If I raise the machine I have to raise my chair, then I have to raise the foot pedal..(short legs)...Nothing is easy!! Sooo.. I just placed the suction cups under the table and beside the knobs, just to stop the table from moving around. I tried sewing like this and it is fine.   This new acrylic table is slightly smaller than the old one, so easier on my short arms.
Wednesday I go for one my machine education class....to show me what this new machine can really do!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I messed the first posting up so I shall try again. I really like farmer's puzzle. Would that make a great Christmas block?

    ReplyDelete