spring!

spring!

Friday 11 November 2011

Remembering

Today is Remembrence Day.. All the fallen soldiers and veterans are honoured today.  To all of them, to those that serve..I say Thank You. Thank You ...Thank You!!  on this 11th hour of the 11th day , of the 11th month, of the 11th year.


Several years ago I decided to try playing around with my machine.. I had a block of the month pattern of poppies in 2 sizes.  I taped 4 pages together and traced poppies all over the paper until it was full...transferred my design to red hand-dyed fabric.then layered batting, black, then red fabric .  I sewed around the poppies the cut away the red to reveal the black background fabric...then just played with the machine.  and this is what I came up with.  It isn't finished..I haven't decided what more it needs..besides more black in the middle of each flower. and then black binding.
It's also the back ground I have been using for my blog  this month.  So far I have been calling it "Too Many"


too many

I have it hanging in my front entrance even though it is unfinished.

   Block 34 is done!  "Flock"  It just needs a little trim and a good press.  I stuck with a blue I have used before, I think I might have used the WOW (white on white) before, but the first time for that red.  It has a little gold vein in it and is a Christmas fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment