spring!

spring!

Friday 18 November 2011

PD day today..that means Professional Development Day for the local teachers and no school.  The grandkids will be here all day.  Thing One has a dinner and movie date with a girlfriend and her dad.  She has been taking to lying around all day, watching the boob tube.  I wonder what I will try to get them interested in?  Some modelling clay?  Sewing?  Beading?....COOKING!?  BAKING!?..weaving?  drawing?  just not shopping.   I really hate taking them out shopping..I always say "No" to stuff.."they have to ask their mom".."I can't buy that..I object to the style or how revealing it is."  Why aren't kids clothes, KIDS clothes?  Why are the designers "sexing" preteens up?  Are they all perverts?  Are the designer all perverts.  Are the buyers all preverts??? Why are we telling kids (subliminally) the girls need to be sexy? To be a sex object?  I started loudly complaining to store managers when the girls were toddlers...that it was sick..and I wasn't buying it...I still won't buy it.  I don't agree with a burka either. ..,but that is another rant.
Boy, that went off topic..lol
Well, I am sure that we will find something to fill the day, even if it is only doing some baking..maybe a nice carrot cake, or some cookies to take home to Mom.
Boy am I dumb.... Last night was quilt guild and I sat there and watched all the quilts that were made for and by Outreach and never took a picture...I sat there as all the ladies showed the projects that they had so lovingly created...and didn't take a pic..not a single one..I had my camera in my purse and a camera on my phone...silly me, because what I saw was FABULOUS! and I should have shown you.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you on kids clothing. I look at these kids going to school in their uniforms with their skirts "up to here" and ask "Where are your parents? Why are they letting you out the door wearing skirts that short?" Why do girls have to grow up soooo fast and boys are allowed to be boys. Something in our society just isn't right anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked the same question once about the uniforms - what happens is that the kids go out the door with the skirts at the proper length ---- and then they ROLL the waistband and the skirt gets much shorter.

    You can bet my little one won't be dressing like a street corner girl.

    ReplyDelete