spring!

spring!

Monday 14 November 2011


blocks all in a bunch
I went to a UFO workshop this weekend,  I took a couple of projects with me.  A Jacobean wall hanging that I am appliqueing..haven't worked on that since I got my new machine..and a patchwork project called  'to the point'...you sew squares then after the top is completed to the size you want, you cut off the corners of the whole top, resew them to the side and it turns the quilt on point.  A really neat trick..I've done a workshop on that and I hope I can repeat it..I can always ask Bev for help...seeing that she has done a few..lol
We had a lot of fun, food and chatting...lots of idea exchange!  Some ladies got a lot done.
Susan made a delicious squash soup (secret ingredient was PEARS!)..there were some delicious biscuits and some cheese.  I brought a salad so I had plenty to eat. Tea and coffee were served and Bev made a scrumptious carrot cake with cream cheese icing
 I got quite a bit done. I worked on my applique and when my eyes started to get sore, I worked on my 'to the point'.  I had to cut apart all the squares and press them, then started sewing the next group together.  All in all in was a pretty good day .  Later that night I worked on the blocks again, sewing them together.  I have been using squares that I have accumulated over the years from other projects,  they are 3 inches  ... I wonder how difficult it will be to do 'THP" trick with that?  Only one way to find out is to read the instructions.  I know that I will have a challenge with it because the pattern calls for 5" and I am using 3".

1 comment:

  1. It shouldn't matter the size of the block, Patti. Its the number across and the number of rows that makes the difference. Don't forget the fusible interfacing.

    ReplyDelete