spring!

spring!

Friday 25 November 2011

I didn't make these
  I have lots of fabric..lots of fleece.  I like to pick that up in the summer sales.  I use that for the Things' school 'mitten tree'.  Every year the grand kids school has various outreach projects..the mitten tree, a food drive, supporting a foreign village (in lieu of teachers' gifts) and donate gifts for underprivileged families.   We donate 12 to 24 scarfs and they are wrapped around a Christmas tree as garland.  I cut the fleece up for scarfs..really easy to do, just cut across the width of the fleece and fringe the ends..make them wide or narrow. quick and easy, but so warm and greatly appreciated.  You can use lighter fleece or heavier fleece..border prints are nice and so are all over prints..plain is fine too...I let the girls do some of the work and they have fun decorating their school tree with them, then pointing out to their friends which ones they donated.
One month left until Christmas..and if the climatologists are right we will have a very cold and snowy winter thanks to La Nina.  And maybe a white Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment