spring!

spring!

Thursday 17 November 2011

Guild tonight..gotta send the grandkids and their mother home early tonight as we start our meeting earlier....   I made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing..Old Duncan Hines and I are getting to know one another   Hubby gets leftovers for dinner.  I will be hitting some rush hour traffic.  It will be a busy evening.
Last weekend when I went to the UFO workshop, Elizabeth gave me a really good tip.

clover thread cutter

We all know about clotheslining blocks,  that's when you just keep sewing and don't clip threads in between blocks.  It makes sewing faster, but then eventually you have to cut those blocks apart...time consuming if they are all tangled like mine were.  She said "You have a thread cutter on the machine ...use that!" Great idea!..but wait, I have one at the needle and one at the thread winder....threader winder cutter was easier to use .  Then later that evening after sewing more blocks together, I needed to cut threads again....I thought..wait ..I have a thread cutter!!  I wear it as a necklace!...much easier to use..I can clip at the ironing board!
Available almost anywhere..I got mine at a department store..made by Clover.  It has a small rotary blade in it, if it becomes dull, the blade can be rotated or replaced. It comes without the chain,  I added that.   If I needed to, I could take the chain off and push the stem of the cutter into an empty thread spool and have my hands free.
Yesterday I went for my sewing ed class at Sewing Machines ETC.  I wore mine and Elsa wore hers..no we didn't co-ordinate before hand...she sold a lot of cutters today.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT? You didn't make that cake from scratch? For shame. LOL
    I bought one of those thread cutters years ago and gave it to the lady who taught me to sew. Never had one of my own. Typical.

    ReplyDelete