spring!

spring!

Thursday 3 November 2011

Last weekend my hubby and I helped  dear friends celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary.  We had a whole roasted pig, homemade baked beans (fabulous) and lots of different sandwiches, sausages, appetizers of every kind...a chocolate fountain and 2 huge cakes..chips and lots of candy. There was no reason for anyone to leave hungry and we ate far too much and had lots of fun and laughs.
Hard to imagine most of my friends are all coming up to the same milestone.  I remember when my parents celebrated their 50th, Mom was in good health, but Dad wasn't ...Alzheimer's was taking it's toll and he was in a nursing home...he only lasted 6 more months.  My in-laws just celebrated theirs and 6 months later Dad passed.  I guess our generation is lucky to enjoy good health.
Mom really got into quilting then..I wish she had taken pics of the quilts she made, but she didn't. She gave them all away.  I don't even know if she labeled her quilts.  I have the last bedquilt that she made and it has no label..I think I should make one for it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment