spring!

spring!

Monday 7 November 2011

In October we had a rummage sale at Halton Quilt Guild.  We did not know of this sale until we got our newsletters...It was the lifetime accumulation of Lois, a fellow member's stash.  And what a stash she had.  She is now in a nursing home and her family offered her stuff to another guild member, Jane.  Remember that joke we all say..."the one with the most stuff wins"?   I think she won.  Four rooms and a basement full of books, pamphlets,  knitting, sewing patterns, home dec, crocheting, quilting, cross stitch, wooden stuff, garment sewing notions, beading, kits of all kinds, you name it , she had it.  She must have dabbled in everything, or at lest wanted to.  You can imagine the room full of stuff our "receiving " member Jane brought for us to peruse and purchase..she brought bins and bins and bins overflowing with Lois' crafting stuff..and she sold a lot,  but still took back bins and bins of stuff.  And she donated all the money  to help fund our 35th anniversary dinner.

I bought a little bit of stuff.... not much...I am running out of room myself and I don't want to start on another room.  Nor do I want to leave a whole bunch of stuff that I didn't get around to.  I too, have dabbled in different types of crafts, plus I keep kid friendly crafts on hands for the GD's,  plus  paint and inks, paper and books..I am a sucker for books.  Craft, sewing and novels.   I haven't bought any fabric in quite a while,  I am trying to use it up, and pass it on.  Don't worry though, I am still helping to keep the economy  going ..I did buy that new machine and that, of course means, new feet, and/or other  'stuff".   I bought myself one of those new fangled walking feet with the detachable sole.  I haven't tried it yet, I've been spending my time on the FWS quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment