spring!

spring!

Monday 21 November 2011

not mine


Sewing education classes..a waste of time?  I don't think so.  I have been going for the education classes that came with my new machine and really enjoyed it...and  I've learned a few things and passed on some tips.  I say, if I learn only one thing at a workshop, then it is worth it.
  Carrying around that big machine is hard on the back and knees, though.  I am not as strong as I once was.  And  I've noticed.   
Like I said , I am enjoying the education,  meeting some new people, seeing the other machine in practical use.  I bought the machine at a local store called 
wish it were mine


 SEWING MACHINES ETC and they actually keep the machines that I have on file..so I can make enformed purchases on  feet and other notions.  I have been getting the bug to sew more and different stuff...like clothes.  maybe some home dec.  I need some new sheers for the living room.  I made the ones that are there, and they aren't that old but, the cat has torn them.  There is another cat in the neighbourhood that likes to come and sit on the outside windowsill in the evenings, my cat MissT has a fit....snarls, hisses, throws herself at the window and a couple of times had her claws caught in the sheers..did a nice job tearing them.  Another  time I had to untangle her from them.

also not mine
 At any rate, the store runs all sorts of classes, one called The Foot of the Month, where you make a project and learn all the uses for all those fancy feet that you bought or came with the machine and all those fancy stitches.  I am thinking of taking that one in the new year..they will be making placemats.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if they do "foot of the month" for the new machine I bought. I should check into that.

    ReplyDelete