spring!

spring!

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Guild

Here are some pics of how I adapted my new quilting table.
where the feet snap on
I didn't snap on the feet, that would add 3 inches in height to the table on top of my desk.
adds 3 inches
suction cup  beside the foot knob
The suction cup would sit inside the knob..but added height.. so I added the suction cup stuck to the underside of the table to prevent sliding.  Seems to work with only adding 3/4 inch overall height. I like the added support to the front of the machine. 

Novemeber  Guild meeting for Halton Quilt Guild was last Thursday and we had the most fabulous speaker that night.....   Martha Schellingerhoud... She has some of the most beautiful quilts that I have ever seen that were done a a domestic machine...large quilts...she uses a quilt as you go method. She showed us how she did it, she has tweeked the method she learned to come up with 3 different methods, even had samples of 2 of the 3 methods she uses.  She said we could take pics of her quilts, but please not show them on-line.  Being that I didn't bring a camera AND my phone was dead ...I have none to show you..BUT..you can see some examples of her work here..
http://www.marthaschellingerhoudquilts.com/
The pics on her website do not do justice to her quilting.  Some of her large quilts, she also duplicated in minature..
We hope to have a workshop in the spring and man, I want to be there then.

Also on Thursday, we has our annual book auction,we cull books from the library, invite members to bring in books, magazines or small kits to be included in the sale.
This year we had over 200 books.  Most of these books this time were from our long time member, Lois.  We had so many that we ended up just selling books for a $1 and magazines for a $.25.  I don't know how much we took in, we lost count.  AND we had bags of books left over... we donated some of those  to various groups.
Our library may be in trouble this winter.   This month the head librarian heads off to Texas for her vacation.  That leaves me and one other lady to run the library..and I plan on being away myself.  If no-one steps forward to help, the library will not be open.  I just will only accept returns.  If there is only me, I will not open the library at all.  I certainly hope that someone steps forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment