spring!

spring!

Wednesday 23 November 2011

I have been sewing some on the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt,  I have been working on a block that looks difficult, but is actually not too bad.  Then I started on the next block ..I also have my on point top that I am working on still.

not mine
  Last week at quilt guild, we had a 5" charm square exchange..and I won some, so now I have more squares for the other to the point quilt top I have going.  I may take apart the 5" blocks that I have sewn already.  I really like the block of the month slice and dice..pair it with a white and I could (haha) have it done fairly quickly.  I keep going back and looking at full quilts made with this block and it just keeps calling me.

Yesterday I started making  baked beans..I started off in the slow cooker, used boiling water, had the slow cooker on high.  It takes a long time to bring up the temperature of the beans.  So after a couple of hours I decided to turn off the slow cooker and use the oven.  Two smaller crocks in the oven..enough to share with my daughter IF she wants some.

blue mountain crock
It smelled fanastic after a couple of hours.  I am sure that my sister and I will enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment