spring!

spring!

Tuesday 27 March 2012

While I was waiting for the computer I finished appliqueing my wallhanging and gave it a soak to remove all the glue and stabilizer.  The washaway stabilzer just melted away..I had used some other stabilizer on the back and I thought that melted pretty good too.   I rolled the wallhanging up in 2 towels to quickly dry it.  It was almost dry and I took it to the ironing board to press.  And I thought  "what IS that stickiness right there?"  It was the other stabilizer I used where I had zigzaged some stems...it really hadn't melted away..there was a whole bunch of fibres and glue there.  I had to rub it off. And then I noticed...oh crap ...some of the colour was bleeding.  I rinsed it again, blotted it in a towel and let it dry.  I may rinse it some more.  I certainly wish we could get that "DYE MAGNET" product they have in the states.
Today I noticed that I missed a small area on the applique.  I will have to finish that before I layer the quilt and that is what I am going to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment