spring!

spring!

Friday 30 March 2012

Hmm, I must be slipping...no post for today.  I have some done for next week, but not today.  
I have been hard at work quilting my wall hanging..I had gone out to Chenoadesigns quilt shop and  bought 2 spools of the correct colour of thread.  I used up those spools very quickly! With one I filled 2 bobbins and the other I used on top and before I knew it I needed more.  I had to stop and go out and buy more.
What I time I had with finding the correct needle for this project.  I tried bigger, smaller, quilting, sharps.. .still skipping stitches, one gave me stripback(I threw that one out).  I finally used an embroidery  needle.  It must have been the backing that I chose that was causing the problems because my test squares were fine.
Now I am more or less finished it, just need to square it up and bind it...and put a hangingsleeve on it.

1 comment:

  1. That is the kinda I use too -- #11 Titanium 'machine embroidery' needles. Nice and sharp!

    ReplyDelete