spring!

spring!

Wednesday 28 March 2012

I had a good look at my wall hanging and decided to fix the spot I missed appliqueing...just a little spot..So I did that and then I decided I was going to soak the wall hanging once more.  I took it down to the laundry room and and gave it a good rinse.  I decided to give it a soak in  warm water with some Oxy-clean...I've heard that it can take out excess dye.  I"ll try it...and I'm thinking to myself...'now I know why so many quilts with vibrant colours have black or dark backgrounds'.  I let it soak for 10 minutes in a gallon of water and 2 tablespoons of powdered Oxy-clean.  Then I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed.  And I thought...hmmmm.. I have some raycafix,  it is supposed to be used with hot water and just one fabric to set the dye.  I thought.....can't hurt..so I soaked it in raycafix (1 tbsp to 1 gallon water) for about 30 minutes.  All the bleeding dye was removed.  All is good..
So I've dried the wall hanging...have it layered on the diningroom table ready to pin ...my daughter sees it and says "I would like that one...can I have it?"
So, I guess she can have it.  Now to get it quilted!

No comments:

Post a Comment