spring!

spring!

Wednesday 7 March 2012

One thing I need to do is water my plants.  No one else needs to do it while I am gone.
I have 3 large trees in my home and and 2 smaller plants.  I don't have good windowsills for plants.  Usually I ignore the trees and they do fine.   I take the one I have in the living room outside in the summer.  LOL..One year one of the neighbours asked when I was planning on planting that tree (he was a landscaper)....he was surprised to hear it lives in the living room.  The others are in the familyroom and in my bedroom.
I've had the tree in the living room for 25 years..the other  ones, I've had for 15 or so years.
The trick for having them flourish?  I really don't know.  But I don't water them very often at all....maybe once a month..as to draughts.  The tree sits right in front of the window..and I open it and the wind blows in....not liking to be moved? I move it a couple of times a year.  I mash it up against a wall in the family room at Christmastime, because I put the Christmas tree in that spot in the livingroom.
 One year it blossomed..tiny, fragrant little flowers...then tiny seed like figs (?)..they were the size of and looked like, peppercorns.
I've trimmed that tree back too, .numerous times  One time I took the trimmings, stuck them in the soil with the tree and they grew!.
If that thing gets any bigger, I don't know what I will do with it.  It's taking over the corner now.
 One thing though,  I enjoy sitting in my chair, in the afternoon sun ..under that tree...even in the winter. ..just like being outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment