spring!

spring!

Wednesday 21 March 2012

OPPPSSS...Don't know why this didn't post last night...but here it is..
Pysanky...the art of drawing on eggs...a traditional Easter time craft, but now done year long.  So beautiful and so delicate.  I have long thought that I would like to try my hand at this, but the thought of getting into another craft holds me back.  I already have far too much stuff and am torn between too many interests.  So I will continue to admire these beautiful creations from afar.  I am sure if I asked Thing One and Thing Two, they would like to try it, but then I would have all their stuff here... there is no room for anymore stuff!  They prefer chocolate eggs anyway!
 I remember a number of years ago when we had craft shows on television.(not anymore though! There are still lots on-air in the states)  And they showed decorating eggs.  They showed how to do pysanky and how to turn an ostrich egg into a beautiful box by lining it with silk and covering the edges with a premade purse-like clasp....or creating a vignette inside the egg... and creating the egg from sugar and adding the vignette....long time ago! lol
I don't usually decorate for Easter.  I used to change my wreath on the front door, take away darker flowers cover it with small hearts for valentines, take them off and cover it with shamrocks for St Patrick's day and add lighter spring flowers and some eggs for Easter.  Now I just change the whole wreath.  One for summer and one for winter.  Easier to store than all the other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment