spring!

spring!

Monday 26 March 2012

What a night this has been...I came to the computer to do a few things and then go and sew BUT the computer froze...shut down and refused to open again.   I had some work that I did and was ready to send it off when it froze.  I tried restarting and it went into an endless loop....around and around..  I tried everything I could.  Of course it didn't want to restore...and wouldn't restart.  I tried my rescue disk...it said it couldn't open windows..I just kept trying and finally it gave me the option of a complete reset...did I want to save my files???   YES....YES..but it didn't save anything..  I lost everything..pictures, music, docs, all my stuff for guild. I had all sorts of quilting designs that I had saved..quilt patterns, embroidery designs. The mister lost all of his stuff...emails..expense reports ..sales reports..We lost programs.  We went back to factory settings.  I have to reinstall them AFTER I remember...oh..that's missing...hmmm...where did that go??  Most important is the printer..I have that back up, but I lost Outlook express...I've been trying to reload that, but not sucessful so far.  Apparently it is not supported any longer.      I need to reload Word..Adobe...gee..what else?  And before I reload that stuff I have to reload the virus protector...if that doesn't run, the laptops aren't protected.  I worked over 7 hours on the computer, mostly waiting for it to respond.
If this doesn't work, I'm getting a new one!

1 comment:

  1. What a mess! Isn't it amazing what we store in our computers and just don't think about until it collapses? I've decided I'm taking mine in to a guy my son uses and let him clean it up. It has never had a 50,000 mile checkup and to say its due, is putting it mildly.

    ReplyDelete