spring!

spring!

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Well, we finally have some winter weather.  This weekend we had a snowfall and it has actually stayed!  All around us has been getting snow, but this is the first storm where we have had the backyard snowy..

Maggie's drawing of a nuthatch
 As I sit here in the family room with the fireplace on, enjoying a hot cup of tea, I can watch all the birds at the feeders.  A pair of cardinals has been here all winter, numerous chickadees and housewrens.  I've been using birdseed laced with capsaicin, the squirrels don't like it but it doesn't affect the birds. I would put out sunflower seeds and a song bird mixture and the piggy squirrels would empty out the 3 feeders in a couple of hours.  They would even eat all the suet cakes...
My sister Maggie has been "watching" the birds...lol
Here is one of her newest drawings.  Such a great artist!  She has been working on some owls and a bobcat.

No comments:

Post a Comment