spring!

spring!

Friday 3 February 2012

The grand kids are here everyday after school, PD days and school vacations.  Today is a PD day and I hope to keep them busy.   Keeping them busy is a job in itself....but not one that is unpleasant. I have crafts for them to do..paper, modeling clay..sewing... I have numerous books for them; some I read to them and now it's books they are reading....how-to craft and drawing books...we been able to reduce the amount clutter stuff in the family room considerably lately..For years I had a kiddie kitchen in here along with a small kiddie table and chairs, plus all the pots and dishes for a toy kitchen  and dolls..their crafts...a kids paradise
Now their toys are electronic!..Nintendo DS...WII..Ipods..
Take up much less room !!
The WII is fun and we all can play..I suck at most of the stuff.  The DS is fun, we have numerous games that can be one or 2 players...we've never tried three!

Thing Two and I have been playing Mario on our DS's.....lots of fun! AGAINST each other!  And I suck at it!
I've really never played video games..When PACMAN came out, I got it for the kids, and tried it. The mister tried them and he didn't go for them.. I thought...Mheh!..couldn't figure out what the big draw was...sorry..I had work to do..work to go to..no time for or desire for it.  Games have come a long way since then.
At any rate, Thing Two has been beating the pants off me at Mario...we will play most days from the time she comes home from school, until mom gets here.  It's almost pathetic, well I am pathetic at the game.  lol..  I am slow and clumsy and she has not an ounce of sympathy for me..just jumps on me..pushes me down the ravine..steals my stars...is there no hope for me?  LOL!
She is having lottsa fun! 
Don't know what we will do today.  I just don't want them spending all day on the games, computer, FB , or ipods.  Maybe they will like to get out the modelling clay and work with that.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment