spring!

spring!

Monday 20 February 2012

I don't sleep well.  I don't know why...maybe because I worked shift work for years...I used to find midnights would kill me. 
 I used to be able to sleep. 
When I was younger, I could fall asleep easily..and stay asleep.
  Now, I find I can't fall asleep and can't stay asleep.  I toss and turn so much I ache , and I am more tired in the morning when I get up, than at night when I go to bed.
I used to wake because I was too warm in bed...and having hot flashes...soaking ..sweaty  hotflashes...
I lost a bit of weight and the hot flashes diminished some...I hope they are coming to an end...but apparently they don't end.
Did you know that fat around our middles produces hormones?  Can add to those hotflashes!  Yup!  bad for you for a whole lotta reasons.
Now, I just wake up...or toss and turn..sleeping fitfully.
I've seen my Doc..he has given me sleeping pills..I've tried a few different herbal products...combined them with melatonin.  Even with the pills, I would still have a crappy sleep. 
So, now I have a little less stress in my life, and I still can't sleep.
I was walking through the mall the other day and one health food( (?) no food there) store..or maybe 'alternative health remedies' is a better name for it.  They have a product called "Ortho-Sleep"...It's supposed to help correct your sleep cycle, actually prevent insomnia.
 I decided to give it a try..can't hurt, right?  Expensive though!
So now ..is it my sleep cycle just at a point where I do sleep some, or am I  sleeping better?    I've taken it for a week and I don't know if it is working for me. Falling asleep after 3 isn't sleeping... I will let you know in a month if it does REALLY REALLY work!
So, if you can't sleep maybe it's worth a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment