spring!

spring!

Tuesday 21 February 2012

My appliances aren't old ...I don't think they are, but my stove must be...my stove is 17 years old.  It sits there and does it's job..
  I wanted to cook an oven dinner.
  You know, roast pork with onions, carrots and potatoes...all done in the same pot...slowly cooking...soaking up all the flavours from each other...the delicious smells wafting through the house  (drives the cat crazy! lol).  The brazier is great for that!
Well, it's a gas stove and I have never had any trouble with it, except today.  The oven would not light..
I could smell gas...I could see the igniter glowing..tried using the BBQ lighter..nope wouldn't light..I'm gonna hafta call a repairman....and not just anyone will look at it. I found that out with my dryer.  I need a certified gas repairman.  If it can't be repaired..I will have to get a new one...and I have a really good idea about what I would get!  I would love a 5 burner /double oven..but sooo expensive! .hmmmm..do I really want the stove fixed or not.?
First, I am going to take out the floor of the oven and make sure there isn't a spider in the pipes...they like gas BBQ's ...maybe there is one in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment