spring!

spring!

Thursday 2 February 2012

Cold and Flu season....yuck...Thing One has come home with a bug. Stuffy nose, sore throat..and a nice little cough..Her mom says she is feeling stuffed up too now, and today, I feel a little foggy and stuffed up.  I hope it doesn't progress anymore.
Years ago when I first started taking care of her and then her sister, I knew that once they started school, they would bring home every bug that was around.  I sent each of them to preschool, and but, when anyone was sick, it wasn't passed around...why?  because EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING was sanitised.  Tables, chairs, toys...modelling clay was thrown away weekly..and new stuff made .   Kids that were sick were kept home by their parents..  Boy, not anymore..kids go to school with fevers and god knows what nowadays.  People go to work when they are sick.
I went to the theatre with the mister the other night and there was someone there with a cough!  Cripes!  If you are sick stay at home ...this is the one time that..IT"S NOT NICE TO SHARE!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with that. My sister worked in a day care centre and the parents dropped off children so ill it was disgraceful. Their reason was: well, if I show up for the day and get called home, it looks better. For real? Yes, for real!
    So what movie did you see?

    ReplyDelete