spring!

spring!

Wednesday 22 February 2012

 a denim quilt
I went to quilt guild the other night, we had a good speaker...Dwayne Wanner, one of the few males in the industry(?)..should I call it an industry?   We are industrious in our quilting. I asked permission to take some pics of his work and he agreed.. I tried to take some pics.  I sat in my usual spot ...but the ladies holding up the quilts stood to the side and flashed them quickly..So not many good pics.  I got a lot of shots of the back of one lady's head.  I edited it out .
He spoke of his inspiration by Impressionist painters and his attempts to capture the painted image with cloth and thread.  All his quilts are his own designs.
His quilts have came a long way since he used to buy used clothing to cut up for quilts.
He is a member a one of the guilds that I belong to and he is a prolific quilter, he was and is, also Quilt Show Co-Ordinator of the other guild I belong to..









He showed us how he made this  stunning quilt and encouraged us to give the technique a try.  A highly textural quilt..quilted as you go


No comments:

Post a Comment